Directions to Pulteney House
Directions from the M4 Junction 18
- Leave the M4 junction 18 onto the A46, following signs for Bath.
- On entering Bath you will pass under a flyover bringing you out at a roundabout. Take a right, onto A4 (London road) into Bath.
- Continue on the A4 for about mile and half, passing through a number of pedestrian lights
- At the next set of major lights take the left hand lane and turn left following signs for A36 Warminster
- Cross over Cleveland Bridge, which will take you past a fire station and ambulance station.
- Go through a pedestrian crossing and at the next major set of traffic lights get in the right hand lane ( which takes you right ).
- Pass through another pedestrian crossing which then brings you to a large roundabout, at which point you need to be in the right hand lane to proceed straight over.
- Pulteney House is then on your left hand side about 100m from the roundabout.
Proceed to Bath along the A4 where at the end of the dual carriageway take the right fork ( go straight on ) - the Lower Bristol Road (A36) into the city crossing two sets of traffic lights. Stay on this main road following the signs for the A36. At a major roundabout which has the river on your left, and railway lines passing overhead, proceed under the railway lines and straight over. At the next main set of traffic lights proceed straight ahead under the railway bridge and Pulteney House is on the right about halfway along before the roundabout.
Directions from the A39, Glastonbury, Wells and the South West
- Entering the city either via the A367 Exeter, A39 Wells or A4 Bristol.
- Follow the signs for A36 Warminster which takes you round the right side of the city. (If arriving from Bristol, as you approach the city the A36 is straight ahead at the first set of lights. Do not go left to A4 city centre!!)
- Just keep on following the signs for A36 (Warminster) for approximately 2 miles, the river will now always be on your left.
- Stay on the A36 and you will pass on the left hand side a public house called The Royal Oak.
- Take the right hand lane after the pub leading up to a major set of traffic lights to go straight through. Do not turn left towards the city centre.
- Pulteney House is on the A36 not far from these traffic lights.
Directions from the train station
- Bath Spa station is only 10-15 minutes walk away, and 2 minutes by taxi.
- From train station head north along Manvers St.
- At the traffic lights turn right into North Parade and proceed down to the bottom of the road to the next set of traffic lights, passing the Sports Centre on your left hand side.
- At these traffic lights turn left on to Pulteney Road.
- Pulteney House would then be on your right hand side about 50m from the traffic lights.
- Bristol International Airport is the nearest airport for Bath and is approximately 40 minutes by car.
- Heathrow International Airport is approximately 90 miles from Bath, and by car takes about 2 hours travelling time.
- Gatwick Airport is about 120 miles from Bath and would take around 3 hours by car.